Not all Murrieta addresses are located within the jurisdiction of the Murrieta Police Department. Murrieta addresses outside these city limits are considered unincorporated, and fall within the jurisdiction of the County of Riverside and the Riverside County Sheriff.
If your address is unincorporated outside of the Murrieta city limits, you will need to apply with the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.
You can check address eligibility by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the Murrieta Address Verifier map tool.
- Step 2: Click “Search by Address” in the top left corner of the Murrieta GIS Data Search map.
- Step 3: Enter your primary address (numerics and street name only) in the text field and click “Find”.
- Step 4: If results are found the address is “ELIGIBLE”.
- Step 5: If no results are found the address is “INELIGIBLE”.
Still unsure if your address qualifies? Email email@example.com.