PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
We may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps, etc.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files that we may use to record information about how you browse and interact with the Site.
- “Referrals” from other websites so that we can analyze traffic patterns.
- “Analysis services” such as Google Analytics may be employed to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
Additionally when you engage our services through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your name, relevant street address information, payment information, credit card numbers, email address, phone numbers, date of birth, Social Security number, driver’s license information, firearms details, and other relevant information to efficiently and accurately process your requests. We refer to this information as “Applicant Information”.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally use the Personal Information that we collect to process your requests generated through the Site or via communication with our staff (including processing your payment information). Additionally, we may use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen requests for potential risk or fraud;
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services, when aligned with the preferences you have shared with us.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, and more generally to improve and optimize our Site; for example, by generating analytics about how our users browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the regular course of business, we must share relevant Personal Information with law enforcement agencies and possibly other parties to process your application, renewal requests, etc. Additionally, we may also use this Personal Information to:
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- Respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information that we receive;
- Facilitate public information gathering;
- Provide to entities that we screen and approve for specific investigative purposes;
- Retain for any applicable uses to protect our rights.
We reserve the right to use Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of targeted advertising by contacting us via any of the methods listed at the end of this policy.
We have physical, technical, and procedural safeguards in place to protect the personal information we collect. We use industry-standard technology to encrypt your credit or debit card information, including the account number, and Personal Information, while it is transmitted over the Internet from your computer. We also require service providers to have safeguards in place to protect the personal information that they collect, use, share, and store on our behalf.
EXTERNAL LINKS (INCLUDING SOCIAL MEDIA)
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter the Site’s data collection and use practices when your browser sends a Do Not Track signal.
When you submit any Personal Information to us through the Site or by alternate means, we will maintain your Personal Information for our records and in accordance with data retention time frames that we deem appropriate, unless you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 through the Site.
Any actions you take must not violate any law, or disrupt or compromise any data that is not your own.
If you have questions or concerns or need information on our privacy practices, would like to update information maintained by us, or if you desire to opt-out of particular uses of your Personal Information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ Updated: April 13, 2019 ]